Instructions to download CENTURY 21 Real Estate Mobile Search by text code to your BlackBerry, iPhone, Android or Palm Web OS
- From the main screen, dial the numbers “87778”.
- Press the BlackBerry Key (the button with the seven dots in the shape of the BlackBerry logo) and select “SMS Text 87778”.
- Type the text code you were given into the body of the message
- Press the BlackBerry key and select “Send”.
- When you receive the text message response, open the text message and select the link by scrolling over the link with the trackball to highlight and pressing the trackball to select it. Then select “Get Link”.
- Select “Download”.
- The download process will now begin.
- When you see the message “The application was successfully installed” – select “Run”.
- When you login for the first time, you will have to verify your cell phone number. Your number is only used to setup an account to access saved properties online.
- Select “Accept” on the disclaimer page.
- Now you are able to use the app. When you are not using the app, be sure to exit completely so that the app does not run in the background and drain your battery (this goes for any app).
- You can exit out of any app by pressing the BlackBerry key and selecting “Exit” from the menu.
- From your main menu go to “Messages”.
- Select “Compose Message” from the top right corner of the screen.
- Type “87778” in the “To” line.
- Touch the line where you type the message and type the text code you were given.
- Press the “Send” button.
- When you receive the text message response, select the link and you will be directed to the App Store.
- Press the green “FREE” button in the top right corner. Then press the same button again when it reads “INSTALL”.
- If prompted, enter your iTunes password to begin the download process.
- Select the menu key (the round button at the bottom of the iPhone) to go back to the main menu.
- Select the Real Estate by Smarter Agent application from the main menu.
- When you login for the first time, you will have to enter your 10-digit cell phone number. Your number is only used to setup an account to access saved properties online.
- Select “Accept” on the disclaimer page and the app will open.
- From your main menu, go to “Messaging”.
- Tap “New Message” to compose a new message.
- Type “87778” in the “To” box.
- Tap the “Type to Compose” box and type the text code you were given.
- Press “Send”.
- When you receive the text message response, press the link in the message to select it.
- When prompted to Select Action, click the hyperlink for http://m.smarteragent.com with the globe icon. You will be directed to the Android Marketplace.
- Select “Real Estate Powered by Smarter Agent” then select “INSTALL” at the bottom of the screen.
- Select “OK” on the pop-up screen about accessing your phone’s capabilities and the download process will begin.
- Return to the main screen and open the Real Estate by Smarter Agent app by tapping the app icon.
- Tap “OK” to accept Terms of Service and the app will open.
- Go to the main menu and press the “MESSAGING” icon.
- Press the button with the dialogue bubble and the plus sign in the lower left to compose a new message.
- In the “To” line type “87778”.
- In the message line, type the text code you were given.
- Press the airplane icon to send.
- When you receive a text message back, press the link to be directed to the App Catalog.
- Press the “Download for free” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Press “Continue” on the Location Services pop-up screen and the download process will begin.
- Press the “Tap to Launch” button at the bottom of the screen.
- To login, enter your 10-digit phone number and press “Submit”. Your number is only used to set-up an account to access saved properties online.
Feature phones can vary in their functionality. The instructions below are general guidelines for how most feature phones work. If you need additional assistance with your phone, contact your help desk.
- Go to your menu option.
Your menu may be at the bottom of your phone screen. You may need to toggle right or left to access the menu. Once it is selected, click on the center button of your phone.
- Select your option for sending a text message and hit your center button or “OK”.
This could be shown as “Messaging”, “Send a Message”, “Text Message”, “TXT Message”, “SMS”, “Send SMS” or another variation.
- Select to enter a new message.
- If you are prompted, select “TXT Message” or “SMS” and hit “OK”.
- Enter 87778 in the area where you would normally enter in a phone number and hit “OK”.
- In the “Message” or “Text” area, type the text code you were given
You may have to hit a number key multiple times to get the right letter or number.
- Select “Send” or “OK” to send the message.
- When you receive a text message back, open the message.
- Go to your “Options” which you may need to access by toggling either to the right or left with your keys and then hit “OK”.
- Scroll down under your options to find “Extract Items”, “Get Link”, “Extract Link”, “Extract URL” or another variation and hit “OK”.
If you do not see this option you can also type the exact website URL you received in the text message through the web browser on your phone.
- Select the URL which begins with http://m.smarteragent.com and hit “OK”
- Your web browser on your phone should activate and you may see a screen prompting you to enter in your cell phone number. Hit the down arrow on your phone to scroll down, then enter in your cell phone number and hit the down arrow to select “Submit” and hit “OK”.
Your cell phone number is used to identify your carrier and device to provide you with best possible app for your phone.
- The application should open on your phone as a mobile web version, allowing you to search homes for sale.
- If you want to upgrade to an app which provides better functionality, use the main menu and select “Premium Upgrade”.