Get Smart with Any Mobile Phone
If you own an iPhone then you’re probably appreciative of the thousands of apps to choose from that can assist you with your daily work tasks. However, if you own a Blackberry or other mobile device you may be frustrated with the fact that many of the real estate specific apps are NOT available to you, or have limited functionality.
ENTER: Smarter Agent, a real estate marketing company that has solved the fragmentation of mobile with a listing search application that is now available on virtually every cell phone.
Smarter Agent works with all major wireless carriers and mobile devices. It uses GPS to locate a user’s location and find real estate listings in their area. Search results include: price, square footage, estimated mortgage, taxes, features, interactive map, beds/baths, pictures. Consumers can also search by address, community name, city or zip code.
The Smarter Agent application can be downloaded from SmarterAgent.com, a consumer’s cell phone via the carrier’s application store, or from application stores maintained by iPhone, Android (July 2009), and BlackBerry.
Once downloaded, the following options are available from the Main Menu:
(1) Quick Search GPS: Receive a list of properties that are closest to your location.
(2) Advanced / Refine Search: Receive a list of properties that are closest to your location and fit your specific search criteria.
(3) Map Me & Homes/ Apartments: See your location and the ten properties that are closest to you on an interactive map.
(4) Address Search: Enter your desired location and receive a list of properties that are closest to that location.
(5) Saved Favorites: Search favorite locations you have saved.
(6) Find A Realtor: Speak to a qualified real estate agent about your specified area.
(7) Get a Mortgage: Speak to a qualified mortgage specialist to see what you can afford.
(8) Hot Picks: Receive a list of featured properties in the neighborhood.
(9) Coupons: See offers from local retailers.
The Smarter Agent app can also be branded for an agent or broker, displaying their logo and picture. The app can be distributed directly from the agent/broker blog as well. And when a client using the branded app is interested in a listing, he/she can simply select the “call to see” button and the agent/broker is notified (regardless of who listed the property). Thousands of real estate agents across the country are already using Smarter Agent, including major brands: Prudential, Keller Williams, Century 21, Coldwell Banker, ERA, Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate and Realty Executives. Smarter Agent is also an Inman Innovator Finalist in the Most Innovative Web Technology category.
Pricing for customizing your own Smarter Agent application varies depending upon your device and your contract. Generally, there is a one time setup fee of $250, and a monthly fee of $39.95-$49.95. However, MTO is working with Smarter Agent to bring you special pricing that will reduce the setup fee to $50 as well as the monthly fee, saving you 40%.